Sunday, February 19, 2012

President's Day Weekend!

Friday - Work and trip to IKEA!!! We went through the warehouse to get the dresser... the display model was a weird color and changed our mind! Daniel & I went to several other furniture stores... I was stressing and frustrated since I had been searching for a few weeks.

Saturday - I woke up started cleaning, did laundry... I WASHED DANIEL'S WALLET! argh, I felt awful!  When he woke up I told him and apologized.  I expected him to say oh it has happened before. He didn't say anything like that!!  I then asked if he had never washed it, he looked at me like I was nuts! Growing up with boys, I remember this happening often.  Oops, Daniels poor wallet will never be the same.

We went to search local shops for a dresser... no luck. We found ourselves here:

 Not the same when you can't stop by to say hi to the camping manager!

I was easily entertained with items like this.... while Daniel drooled over Bows! Archery has taken over his thoughts.


We decided to go back to IKEA to look at the white dresser on the floor model since we weren't having luck anywhere else.  WE LOVED it just I like I thought I did before.  After eating, chicken tenders and meatballs we got the LAST white dresser!  Tears would have rolled if I had to wait another day or two!

 
Good thing this guy has muscles! I was no help! 
 Very studious!
 The dresser took over our front room-
 ... wanna fly on over to help us move it? (I fell asleep on the couch and would wake up to hammer pounding as the drawers were being built.)  I am so proud of Daniel for putting this together!
 WAY TO GO, DANIEL THE BUILDER aka put together'r!
Sunday - funday!  AHHH, woke up to SNOW!!! It turned out better than expected! Our landlord plowed, brought a HUGE smile to my face!  Daniel and I drove to American Fork to eat dinner with my step sister, Erin and her adorable family! I have been craving ROAST and POTATOES!!! Another huge SMILE came to my face when I found out thats what we were having!!!  Food was delicious and entertainment was great! Thanks, Erin!  To top it off, I have a new favorite game "Spot it!".

Oh Monday - President's Day!!! AKA awesome day because I don't have to do anything!  Hopefully, I will have energy to start cleaning the guest bedroom since my madre is flying in on the 1st! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!!

A highlight from my week at work:  A student asked if I had felt the baby kick... I replied, "not yet".  Then another student did this...  this video was repeated a couple times until the student felt good about it. haha, I love these kids, they are hilarious.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Superman Booner. He is much nicer than my husband. We bought a desk from Ikea and he made me help him put that blasted thing together. Took forever! I love the dresser though. I've thought about getting it a few times too.