Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pinks, Oranges, Teals, Black & White!!!

My mom came on Thursday night... I was still in shock that I AM HAVING A GIRL and so was she!!!
She brought a whole suitcase of baby things! This girl is already so spoiled!

We went to Costco and found some cute outfits... it was so hard to look at PINK! I am thrilled and beyond excited but not what I was expecting! We went out to Texas Roadhouse and saw some of our friends there, Paul & Jaime!
From Target and Sam's Club!
 
Friday, I had to work for the morning. It snowed so much the night before!  I woke Daniel up to clean off my car!  My mom came with me to work and googled ideas for hours.

We ran from place to place trying to find GIRL things!


We made a special shopping break to go to Lone Star!! (super yummy Mexican food place) You sort of feel like you are in Rocky Point in this joint.
Afterwards, we ran to several stores then watched Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1! Well, Daniel and my mom watched it! I slept. :D

Saturday, I could not decide on girl themes for the nursery. I was frustrated and running out of motivation until I went to HomeGoods.

Daniel isn't a fan of "words" so I need to add some other elements over the next few months. 

The colors are still Black & White with Teal, Orange, Hot Pink and Light Pink!

For dinner, we hit up Olive Garden... yum!  I ate at least 7 bread sticks!

Sunday, we rearranged the nursery/guest bedroom/Daniel's closet. :D





My mom made PORCUPINES!!! I have waited these for months! She learned how to make them in girl scouts ages ago.  Meatballs, rice, and tomato soup.  I was a very happy camper!

Monday, we ran more errands, made dinner, and put some more love into the nursery up until we had to take my mom to the airport.  I am really happy with how it has turned out so far!





March 5th!  was our 1st anniversary! It was fun to think back on our wedding day and all the family and friends that supported us!  We love all of you guys!  In the last year, so much has happened! We each graduated college. We traveled most of the summer. We moved to UTAH. We became landlords. We got new jobs. We created new traditions. We spent time with family. We survived morning sickness!  and so much more! Bring on year #2!

4 comments:

Hailey said...

That looks adorable, Lauren! The "A, You're Adorable" is a song that Lucy sings in her Kindergarten class. You should learn it so you can sing it to her!

Kristen said...

I love the colors. So unconventional and awesome. It's kinda like the bedding and color scheme I picked out for Emmy's room. Great minds think alike! And the tissue puff balls are darling. I want some! Happy Anniversary. It's crazy it has already been a year.

Unknown said...

The room looks cute! Good job!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Super cute. I love how you have the poms hanging. Very sweet touch :)