Thursday, June 2, 2011

NAU Grad!


Lauren’s Graduation- May 14th!

I started my masters with my student teaching mentor, Kym. She is one of the greatest teachers I know! I loved being in her classroom! I often miss teaching with her! We took classes through Northern Arizona University – Distance learning in the East Valley and some online classes. We slaved away over the past 2 years, I think I took 5 online classes last summer! These beach pics are the loads of fun I had between school work! I hope to never be stuck reading or writing papers on the beach again.


When trekked it to NAU for our commencement ceremonies! Daniel, My parents, Daniel’s parents, and Aunt Mary came along to celebrate! The day before we were at Daniels grad and my mom was talking about our disrespectful the graduates were – not Daniel. We got up to NAU and I busted out my jeans and wore my cap and gown! I thought my mom was going to give me a talk about proper clothing instead she just laughed.
Kym and I had fun waiting for hundreds of names to be called. I occasionally stood on my chair to see my clan. After I got hooded I strolled to the center stage… did a little dance… cried a little bit (this is a regular issue)… and danced some more.





HUMOR of our adventure – we walked back to the car to find this –

I just had to laugh! Daniel changed the tire quickly and we went to the Crown Railroad Café! Super good food if you are in Flagstaff! Look at this random
YOUTUBE VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dButYi7_OE

It is a great relief to be done with my masters! Now I’m trying to decide what to do! I gave the Doctorate some thought…. I’ve looked into some programs. My biggest fear is writing more papers. I think I’ll stick with first grade writing and work on other avenues!








HAPPINESS IS…
Supportive family
KYM and I sitting in classes together
Awesome friends
Car ride to Flagstaff
Staying at hotels
spare tires
Husband with car skills
Graduation ceremonies
another degree
accomplishments
An awesome photographer, Rick!
A weekend in Flagstaff

No comments: