Sunday, September 7, 2014

Oh Hunting...

Friday night started like any night.

Camry was outside playing with her neighbor friend.  I was chatting with my neighbor friends. Two neighborhood boys came over to mow our yard. (hard to find time for that with work, school, and hunting)...

Oh Hunting!

Daniel went hunting in Teasdale, Utah (near family property) Thursday night alone. He decided to come home Friday evening.  I got a text saying he was leaving at 5:30 pm, I was excited he would be much earlier than I expected my only question was did you get something... (I was happy to hear he didn't! mean wife...)

Two hours later, I got a text saying he was trying to repair washed out roads. It had rained most the night and on & off Friday.  (Great...)  I called him to see exactly what in the world he was doing.  It was a huge blessing that Daniel even had cell service!

Turns out he made it partly down a dirt road, before getting stuck in inches of mud and it was raining again!  I stayed calm... got of the phone and called my poor Mom is total panic!!! I am sure she thought someone was seriously injured! I could hardly get anything out, I was a complete wreck bawling and had no way of doing anything!  During this Camry kept wiping my tears and hugging me, ah sweet girl!

Then I got extremely nervous when I received a text saying he had actually slid off to the side of the road and was worried if anyone else came down the mountain they would hit the Pilot. Oh and by the way, he told me he hadn't had any FOOD since breakfast and some snacks at lunch!

Daniel text again saying he called USAA insurance to get a tow truck, if they couldn't get him they would call the police.  This was about 7:30 pm.

Turns out the tow company wouldn't come because they would slide off the road too.  They told him to wait until the road dried.  Daniel had me look up the weather report, RAIN... RAIN... RAIN all weekend!  At this point, I send Daniel's parents a text. Daniel was starting to act weird and stressed... while talking to him he informed me he was out of WATER!

During this whole thing, I wasn't even sure exactly where he was!  He was having a hard time talking with USAA so I called.  They said a tow truck was in route. I explained that company was not in route and could not help him.  I asked them to call other companies -- it was a 20 minute phone call of talking to a bunch of different people.  (no wonder Daniel was frustrated.)

Finally after MUCH convincing from me and his parents --- he called the police around 11 pm.  The dispatcher said she would notify the sheriff and told him to try other tow companies to see if they could help.

Sherry and I talked back and forth for hours!  I felt so helpless.  I finally went to sleep around 1 am.  Daniel text me at 2 am saying to Sheriffs deputies helped him out and he was headed home! I was so relieved after knowing he had been stuck for almost 9 hours!

He drove an hour or two and stopped to sleep.  Then continued the rest of the way home Saturday morning.

Camry and I are very happy to have Daniel home safe!  I'm ready for a Friday night redo!

*** the only picture I could have posted is our very "dirt"y car!

No comments: