Sunday, August 24, 2014

Camping, Ya Right!

Complete shocker --- WE WENT CAMPING!

Friday night, we went up near Aspen Groves to Theater in the Pines for our Ward Campout and Talent Show.
***I don't think I have been camping in 10 years!  (I have slept at the lake in boats if you call that camping.)  On our way up to the site, we stopped at Target so I could buy a sleeping bag!  We also stopped and grabbed Cafe Rio for dinner --- true camping!

The campsite was gorgeous!  A good amount of our neighbor friends were there and Camry loved roaming around.

For the Talent Show, the Young Women/Leaders (who came), and Camry participated in a dance to the song Happy.  We wore brown bags on our heads with pictures of our bishopric and the young men leaders.

I will try and post a video soon.

During the Talent Show it started raining and didn't stop!
We went back to the Tent and Camry thought she was in a bounce house!


It was a full on down pour! ALL NIGHT LONG! Luckily, our tent held up and we stayed some what dry.  The worst part was the lightning and thunder that rolled through the night! I thought several times, I wasn't going to live through the night!  Seriously, it rained all night.  (that part of the campout was AWFUL!)  Good news was Camry slept well all night!

When the sun came up the rain began to stop.  At that point, I was done!  We quickly packed up, ate breakfast and went home.

I am SUPER bummed that we didn't get pictures.

No comments: