Saturday, October 26, 2013

Yard Sale: A Smith's Family First!

Still shocked - We held our first ever yard sale! YAY!!!

This was several years in the works! I am still completely shocked it happened!
Very motivated by a 40 day purge with some friends! (inspired by 40 bags in 40 days)  It has really helped me organize and clear stuff out. More info here (www.whitehouseblackshutters.com)

I pretended like I knew what I was doing - I said it would start at 7am - Noon. Well it was dark until about 8:15am. :)  I dragged everything out of the garage, set up signs and was ready to go well before Daniel and Camry ever woke up.  Once people started shopping Daniel was outside and estatic to get rid of some items! He keep waiting for someone to come by and ask "How much for everything? Total?" It didn't happen but we saw some great character head on. One highlight was a couple who drove up with chickens in the bed of their truck!

The sweet Marcon family helped us get ready!
I wish I had this on video - The girls helped Daniel price his items... as always he was hysterical. 
Camry was having a great time but was so glad it was over to get our schedules back to normal!
 Successful in many ways: We got rid of a bunch of stuff, made some money, and got to chit chat with some of our neighbors! 
 
  So glad its over and we enjoyed it as a family!

No comments: