Sunday, January 20, 2013

Many little CELEBRATIONS this week!

Let the GOOD times ROLL!!!  A few of our happy CeLeBrAtIoNs!

Camry is rolling over!  In December, she rolled over once or twice... that we noticed.  But as of this week, she is a "steamroller"! She enjoys being on the floor and rollin' around!  I will have to get a video clip.  I wasn't sure when she would accomplish this milestone!  I asked the doctor at her 6 month visit if it was okay that she hadn't been rolling... He said something jokingly like if you were built like that, you probably wouldn't be rolling either!  She is shorter & stocky!  At 6 months, she weighed 17 pounds 4 ounces  & was 26 inches.  She is a cute little chunkster!

She still is a mini Daniel! They snuggled while we watched the Bachelor for Family Night! ha. Celebration!
Celebration: We had humor with our dinner, Monday night - it was color coded - haha... not on purpose!

Camry is now sleeping in her crib at night!  No more cradle! This has been a big step!  Happy Dance! (Now, if we can get her to sleep through the night...)


Camry & I went to IKEA this week with Emily & Carter.  I found this amazing clock! It's a wish lister!
 I got these fun vase/jars at IKEA. :) Burlap Ribbon from Hobby Lobby!

Celebrations at IKEA: Camry didn't scream, really even whine or fuss!!! YEA, YAHOO, I can do this! Her sassy screaming, I mean full lung tantrums are happening fewer and fewer... well kinda... (minus the new separation anxiety)!  Another HUGE celebration at IKEA - I lost my phone while shopping. UGH! After searching multiple times, a few hours later, Emily called and they said that SOMEONE turned it in!!! YIPPEE, Hip Hip HOORAY! I was so happy! So when Daniel got home we went to IKEA to get my phone and eat dinner!!!

For mutual, I had another celebration! Ok, at least 2 there!
1- Camry let other people hold her and play with her!!!
2- I wrote letters to the missionaries from our ward, FINALLY - I have been saying "I need to write so and so..."  Well, I did!!! "Drops of Awesome!!!!" If you haven't read about Drops of Awesome - DO!!! drops-of-awesome: Daring Young Mom
Camry & I also went to Hobby Lobby! It has been over a month... that's a month TOO long!  I was in BURLAP heaven! They have so many adorable things!!!

Daniel played church basketball on Thursday night!  He is fun to watch! There are so nutty players - way too into the game! Camry likes to watch too! She loves all the movement! HUGE celebration: Daniel and some guy kind of did the hokey pokey, resulted in Daniel falling into a somersault!  I didn't realize the gymnast inside... :) So glad he didn't get hurt!!

Ooo, La, la! Lyndsey came over and PAINTED our bathroom vanity! I feel like we have a NEW BATHROOM!!!  Daniel, Lyndsey, & I have all worked on it (way too much) the last few months! It is almost complete!!! Hmmm, Lyndsey & Skyler came over for dinner & we ate subs and chocolate CAKE - that is a yummy celebration!


Oh another!!!  Camry NOW LOVES the bath tub! She kicks and giggles and (probably) doesn't want to get out! No more fussy baths!

I had a Arizona visitor Friday!!! I was so thrilled to see a "zonie"! My friend, Shawna was up visiting a friend and we met up for lunch!  We hit up Blue Lemon, one of my favorites! (My mom told me tonight that a Kneaders is opening in Gilbert and said "Now we just need Blue Lemon" haha. Maybe it's time for her to come visit.)  Anyway, we went to lunch without Camry!  That is a huge stepping stone!  Daniel was off and took care of her! HAPPY Dance! She wasn't super nice to him though. She cried the majority of the time.. separation anxiety is here!   I missed her and was happy be home with her.  But Shawna & I had so much fun -  much need GIRL TIME!

Can't forget the SNOW is melting!!! The sun has been around! It's still cold but not as bad as it has been!

Today, I went to breakfast at Kneaders with the girls I taught fifth grade with last year! Lexi, Jaime & Baby Ashley.... again much needed girl time! Celebrated the heavenly food, friends, chit chat, & more!!

Daniel & I made Mongolian Beef off pinterest! It is always a celebrations when you complete something from pinterest!!! slow-cooker-mongolian-beef: Six Sisters  It was pretty good, we will probably tweek the recipe if we make it again.  We fed Camry sweet potatoes tonight, Guess WHAT! She actually ate them!!! She has not been a fan of food until TODAY!!!!  The fact that she likes sweet potatoes, shows she is a TRUE Smith!




(Couldn't get her to smile at me... she just wanted to see her Dad!)

We LOVE this Girl! We celebrate her everyday!
She is the cutest alarm clock! ;0)

We are grateful to have had these celebrations & several more this week!
Hope you had some happy, cheerful, & exciting celebrations too!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Too cute...I love the new black vanity. Funny that Lily was 17 lbs at her one year check up. Cutie chunk.

erin said...

I wish we could get our chunky babies together! Callie was 20 lbs at her checkup this past friday! haha. They will be the best of friends.
It is always great when you can leave baby and have a girls day. Fun that you've had a few lately!! Yay for awesome babysitting dads!