Wednesday, October 24, 2012

White Space! with Suzette!

Last night, I went to a seminar where Daniel's fabulous cousin, Suzette presented organization tips!
Our house needs to be organized so bad! Now to find the motivation!!!

Suzette has created a neat business called White Space Organizing! Check it out! www.whitespaceorganizing.com
Attached to her site is also a terrific blog with more tips! White Space Blog

Tonight, I jotted some notes... Hoping they help me & they may help you!
So simple but so SMART!

Suzette's organization strategy is as follows:
1 - Envision (make goals, create a vision!)
2 - Make time (Set aside a couple hours at a time.)
3 - Purge (few hours at a time, get rid of stuff you don't need.)
4 - Review the flow (Order is important.)
5 - Shop (for containers etc.)
6 - Do it (attack, follow through with your plan.)
7 - Maintain (daily, weekly, etc.)

Duh! I need to follow these steps!!!
I super need to purge!!  Due to the emotions this brings as well as being overwhelmed, she suggested just doing this a few hours at a time.
Here are some other tidbits I jotted down:
  • purge clothes every year. (I need to do this stat! I just opened my winter jackets... I don't like half of them!)
  • use certain closets for certain things "like things go together" (Wish I had real closets, haha.)
  • At the store, ask yourself:  Can I afford it? Where am I going to put it? 
  • Get rid of something & replace... continue to purge! Things should go out in equal measure! (SO true! Why don't I do this!)
  • Someone shared you don't have to get things because you like it or if someone else likes it... let them buy it and you can admire from a distance.
  • Don't buy new hangers!!! Get rid of something instead! 
See totally simple & smart, now I need to apply some of these! Yikes, it will be a slow process here. :)

No comments: