Saturday, November 12, 2011

3 months!








We have lived in Utah for 3 months. I have manage to be "debbi downer" for most of those months... not really something to brag about. Which is part of the reason I haven't blogged. I wanted this blog to be HAPPY. :D Time to nest and figure out life here whether its what I want or not. Landon's new quote is "I hate my new life." (ask him why and he will tell you because Lolo moved to Utah.) I have really agreed with his phrase. However, it has been heartbreaking to hear him say it... hence the greater reason to be content here.
Bright side of Utah
  • Daniel started his career.
  • I have a job. It's been humbling.
  • I love my students.
  • Several opportunities to help those in need.
  • The mountains are beautiful.
  • The leaves are changing colors... rare for a AZ native.
  • I have been busy: work, church, trying to decorate, exploring the city, etc. (Dreaming of my old life :D)
  • I get to go to Tai Pan weekly!
  • I have made a couple great friends.
  • We are closer to Grandma Lundahl, we visited her a few weeks ago!
  • My Dad and Debbie have come to visit a couple times.
  • I haven't been lost in a few weeks! This is HUGE!
  • My Mom came last week and helped DECORATE!! This was huge! I have not had much motivation to do much myself.
  • We live in a house with character!
  • I went to the SLC temple.
  • We got a new car with 4WD!
  • Space heaters keep me warm through the night!
  • I bought two pairs of SNOWBOOTS!
  • PINTEREST has become my new obsession - My mom took us to George's Salvage - I got an old door and window - probably wouldn't have done that in AZ.
  • My mom bought me ELF OF THE SHELF! Can't wait to use it!
  • I DROVE IN REAL SNOW and didn't wreck!
I know there are other great things... Now if I can just remember to blog. GOAL: replace tears with posts! :D


Some pictures:

GoodBYE! Passat! Sad but joyful day!

Hellllooooooooooooo PILOT!


We lost hours and hours of sleep over this decision! We are now very happy with our purchase! It has been a blessing... I have driven many young women around in this car!

One of our first Pilot trips was to Logan to visit Gma and Leanna. We stopped at Smith and Edwards on our way home! It is a mixture of Sportsmans, Harbor Freight, Ace Hardware, etc.

This picture is mocking what I have to wear at Recess duty: (Construction worker jacket)

This picture below is the REAL recess duty attire! Hot diggity!
When my Dad was here in October, he took these pictures for us. The only ones we have together in front our house... I had been bawling... nice swollen face. Right before Daniel left to Rico, CO for 2 weeks and my Dad flew back to AZ. I stuck by myself.





No comments: